Sunday, January 10, 2010

Fun New Lunches


My daughter, who is the internet queen, found the cutest blog Bento for Kidlet. It was my introduction to Bento, fun little japanese lunch kits. I was impressed by the effort this mom gave to packing her kid's lunch, but also how fun they seemed.


I have learned in my life that if you want your kid to eat something, make it fun and they are more likely to eat it. Well, for those of you with little kids, remember this also applies to teens as well.


We bought a few Bento kids which were much smaller than I thought they would be. I wondered how I could pack my kid's lunch in these little kits, but I went ahead and gave it a try.


So, here is my first attempt at getting my kids (both teens) to eat more healthy. First is PBJ with grapes, blackberries and orange slices. The second is a hardboiled egg, raw mushrooms and grapes, oranges and blackberries. (raw mushrooms are a fave of this kid).


They ate it ALL! and were fine with the portions, which surprised me.


This also, I have found, caused me to be a more inventive about what to put in their lunches and look for healtier options.


I love these little inspirations!


No comments:

Post a Comment