Thursday, August 5, 2010

Its Just Too Hot!


We are having some serious heat here in the South! I have had to find ways to keep myself busy inside this summer. I have been staying busy with one kiddo in marching band, one preparing for her senior year and one moving off to college.

But a Gal needs her own time and since my garage studio becomes an oven by mid day, this is what I have been working on.


I have crocheted most of my life having been taught by my grandmother when I was little. I've done hats, pillows, little things but never taken on a blanket. This will be my first.

The pattern for the granny square was found here. The way to connect the squares was found here and the inspiration for how to connect them was found here. All lovely blogs and flickr photostreams!

So as you can see, not my own design, but none-the-less pretty and fun to do.

The more it becomes a real blanket the more I am motivated to work on it. Luckily shop orders have slowed down so I can devote more time to getting it done! I'll post pictures for you once it is finished - hopefully soon!

2 comments:

  1. I learned to crochet when I was about eight and took to it -- I made a ton of things! Do you knit? I didn't learn to do that until I was pregnant. Totally not the same -- knitting is neat but when I want to make a blanket, I ALWAYS crochet.

    Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete