Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Before and After


I made these necklaces not to long ago in a very uncommon burst of energy. My thought was I'll make them all, at one sitting, and then have them ready to ship right away. My mind had the firm design in hand and I set out. One problem... once they were finished, I didn't really care for them. Honestly. Something was missing, something was just not right. And, of course, I had made FOUR!

Last week I began reworking the one with my favorite focal...a turqouise in a matte finish. To me it looks like a realistic yet etherial sea shell. (yes, that's what I said).

So, after a few sketches, changing a few things, and of course, waiting for my shipment of LOS (the stuff that turns the metal black) I finished her.

Don't you just love it? I am so pleased with the way it turned out. So much better!
I had originally done a plain setting because I didn't want to detract from the focal. I think the new setting actually speaks with the focal and makes it a better piece.


Slowly I am emerging out of my fondness for simplicity. Who knows what sort of embellishment may appear next time.

5 comments:

  1. what a transformation....gorgeous design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- it's really beautiful, and my favorite color, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous design!!! I love the color. Also want to say thanks for your sweet comments about my buffet!!
    lifeofperks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new peice is so eye-catching and just stunning. I adore turquoise with silver and the setting is beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a difference, it came out wonderful.

    ReplyDelete