Thursday, May 13, 2010

New Stuff!

I got new tools in the mail today along with some thicker gauge silver and some little bags.


These are called Bezel Forming Punches, or Bezel blocks, I think. They taper the ends of tube settings to give a more finished look. I have tried it on a scrap piece and am excited to use them...if I ever get time.

The price of silver is unbelieveable! When I started metalsmithing it was $13 per oz, now it is over $19. This piece shown here is over $100 worth of silver. So, non metalsmith friends of mine, don't be surprised at the cost of a handmade piece of silver jewelry.


And then little bags, the cutest midnight blue bags for my rings. I love putting my rings in bags instead of in that awful faux cotton that comes in boxes.


Just some new stuff. I'm going to try to show you later how the bezel punches work. Hopefully next week I can photograph it.

3 comments:

  1. for sure show us how the bezel punches work! I have no idea what to do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love new stuff! It is so interesting to see the tools you use. How did you learn to make jewelry?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations for making it to the front page of etsy!

    ReplyDelete