Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Trying out new Packaging

Back when I had my other Etsy shop I always posted a picture of my packaging. In an attempt to create a "branding" I purchased some stickers with a logo and, pairing with red ribbon thought I had decided on my packaging. Unfortunately, when viewed on Etsy, the black and red immediately made me think of the Nazi flag. I am sure you would say "no it doesn't", but to me that is what came to mind. Definately NOT what I was going for and so a change is in order.

I've come up with two completely different styles and would love to know your opinion. Which do you like better or should I keep going? I don't know.....sometimes it's all a bit much when all I want to do is heat metal!

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for laughing out loud at the Nazi flag comment. I would never have thought that until you said something, now I can't get it out of my mind! All the packagings are cute. I like the one with the red and white bulls eye thing best though. I think maybe it's the wide grosgrain ribbon throwing it off? Giving it the unwanted nazi look?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, maybe, but then I tried a black ribbon and it looks like the boxes are in mourning! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the scroll design one with the brown string tied round! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the scrollwork with twine, too. And I love the script font you use for "Thirtysix Ten", but it's less appealing to the eye with the "etsy.com" slapped on the end. Also, the bottom border cuts off the tails of the y's, which is unfortunate.

    ReplyDelete