Friday, April 20, 2012

Back Porch Project

I needed to be outside today.  The weather has been so wonderful I had to work outside.  What better way to spend a day outside than a special project!


 I saw this picture on Pinterest and remembered I have a chair that would do just nicely.  I have a thing about chairs, I'm not sure why.  I have several old chairs in the attic of my garage.


Here's my chair.  Not as much detail, but suitable.   I've had this chair for a while.


I also had some paint from a couple of years ago.  You can see it needs to be stirred a little.

I found a few of the same plants in the picture (purple petunias, chartreuse vine) and added a few of my own.  I like the yellow better than the red and a little pop of pink.


So all painted and dry.  I painted a board that sits between the chair slats on the side to support the pot.  I didn't paint the pot because I like the clay pot look, plus, after time the paint would peel and look yucky.


It needs a little time to grow and fill out but it will be lovely.  Now I just have to find a nice spot for it. 


I also got to work with an audience.  She looked a little confused at what I was doing.



No comments:

Post a Comment