Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Doin' a little fundraiser


It's that time of year again when the band boosters have the kids raise money by just asking for it.  I talked about how I felt about this last year (here)..so I won't go into it again.  BUT they doubled the amount.  sheesh! 

Well, this year I came up with a few ideas and asked my daughter which she wanted to do.  She could work for the money by either doing chores for me or I would be willing to make some spoon rings (which she has sold two years ago to her friends) and she could keep the money.  She chose the rings so I made ten for her.  A couple didn't turn out like I wanted but a few turned out really nice.

Now we are two weeks into this and she hasn't sold one.  I guess she has gotten a little shy as she's gotten older so I'm going to help her out.

I'm going to have these in my shop for a little while they're only $12.50, just enough to cover shipping, fees and the rest for fundraiser. 



Yes, I know, she should work for it...it's what I want her to do but, well, I'm her mom and how can I watch her miss out.  I'm just not good at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment