Monday, August 29, 2011

New from the Bench


Its been a while, I know.   Lots of things have been happening around here, not the least of which was sending my middle child to college.  How is it that we raise them and then they leave us?  I know it's the order of things, but, it seems a little ungrateful.  How can she want her own life?  Doesn't she know she needs to stay here?  At times like this I tell myself,  "I'll tell my kids not to have kids...it's just too hard" but, truthfully, I'd never exchange a moment, not one!

So, I've been busy working on getting her ready to leave home and live in a dorm.  It took more work and time than I realized.  I also just wanted to spend time with her so I wasn't out in my studio much.

Now, she is gone to school and is having a great time.  My last remaining rug rat is in high school band so there is not much time for me between practices and school work.

Today was the first day I felt like getting out in my studio and working.  (I spent most of last week on my butt feeling sorry for myself and watching a lot of Law & Order.)

I've had these ideas in my sketchbook for a couple of weeks and decided to put them to work.  I am pleased with two out of three, but the star one...not so much.  It looked great on paper but in actuality it's missing something.  I'll probably deconstruct it tomorrow and re-work my idea, but I thought I'd share anyway.


I'm really pleased with the turquoise and the fleur-de-lis.  I think they are lovely. 


I like the texture on the band as well.  I'm still loving my rolling mill that can make such interesting textures on pieces. 



No comments:

Post a Comment