Monday, June 13, 2011

Falling to Pieces...

not me, personally, but it seems everything with my business just doesn't seem to click like it has in the past.  I realize this is a slump but it just seems every part if it is just not flowing.  I haven't had regular sales in the past few weeks.  Ever since summer started sales have slowed to a trickle.  That is okay.  I realize that it comes and goes and with the start of summer things slow down.  Usually when I go through a slow period I work on new things, retake some photos, experiment with updating my shop.

In the past couple of days I have taken so many pictures and NOT ONE has been a decent picture.  Not even one that I could say, "wow, thats it!".

I get ideas in my head and go to the garage to work and then....blank.....nothing.....even looking at my stones or sketches doesn't help.   I am uninspired. 

Also, sometimes when slumps hit I go gemstone shopping.  But with extra expenses and sales being so slow I can't do that.  I have to pay my etsy fees and order new business cards, etc. 

I don't mean to sound complaining, honestly I'm not (though I don't know how to write this without it sounding that way)..I'm just stumped...in a curious kindof way, that everything I do just doesn't seem to work as it has.

I know it'll pass, etc., etc., etc.  but I just though I'd share a little after trying to edit about 50 photos, none of which are workable.    boo!

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there Amy. I think everyone hits slumps, no matter what their "regular" sales are like. The best thing about slumps is that they go away! Hang in there. If you can't afford to go buy gems, maybe take a day and go to your favorite jewelry store and browse around. Inspiration can come in may places! Art museums get me -- even for something as seemingly unrelated as jewelry.

    ReplyDelete