Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Busy Summer


 I've been having one of those summers where I am busy all the time but I just can't seem to say what I've been doing. 

I have two teenagers at home right now.  We've been watching movies, swimming, we went away for a day this weekend, housework, laundry...and I've had a heck of a time getting my orders done on time.  I'm usually right on top of them but it seems I've just been pushing my deadlines every time.  They get done on time...I just get really close to my deadlines. 

All that beautiful turquoise I received a couple of weeks ago is still sitting in my studio, untouched, waiting for me to get working.

I think my hardest challenge is spending time in my studio (that is attached to my garage) while I have two wonderful daughters sitting in the house (one of which is going away to college in a couple of months. )  I am so blessed to have awesome kids who I am close to.  We haven't had the typical mother/daughter conflicts that seem to plague other parent/teen relationships.  We actually have fun together and I, honestly, enjoy their company.  I really don't like working out there while they are in the house, so I don't. 

So, there you have it.  This summer doesn't seem to be shaping up as a summer where lots of activities will get done but more a summer of quality time together, here at home, maybe a short trip or two, but together.  I think that'll be a great summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment