Friday, December 2, 2011

How was the Show?

I'm not sure I can really answer that.  There were some good things, there were some not so good things.

I'll share pictures and some thoughts.


I arrived and was told I could pick from five tables they had cleared off.  I could use any props I could find in the store.  Considering I really had no idea what I was doing it was pretty hectic and stressful.  I'd brought my own props and thought they looked pretty crappy next to the sleek West Elm stuff.  I guess in hindsight, I should have taken a look at their website and had some idea of what I could use before I got there.

Luckily my dad and my daughter came and they helped pull things together for me.


The staff as West Elm was really nice, except for one sales girl who seemed bothered by all of us.  Oh well.


It was fun meeting some customers and fellow etsians.  I had a few sales as long as the crowd came through, but, weirdly, there was no traffic after 8.  None,  no one, zilch, nada, niet,  not one person walked into the store after 8.  I mentioned this to my husband when I came home (he had visited) he said all of the surrounding stores closed at 8.  There were only restaurants and clubs remaining open.  That explains a lot.


Now, I am glad I met all the lovely people I met but, measuring that against all the time, expense, time, things put on hold to prepare, etc...I just don't know if it was worth it.

(haha...and the west elm manager who took our picture I guess didn't want my face in it.   )

2 comments:

  1. Call the experience a lesson learnt. Now you know what to do and how to prepare - invaluable knowledge for the next show!

    And I didn't think your props looked 'crappy'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your table looks great! Love the displays...I've only done 4 shows in my life, and they are an emotional roller coaster. I'm not sure they are worth it for me either. But you have to try to find out....

    ReplyDelete